Showing 1 to 60 of 1627 Products
|No.||Brand||Country of origin|
|6||Finca Las Moras||Argentina|
|7||Franschhoek Cellar||South Africa|
|9||Black Bird||South Africa|
|13||Castillo De molina||Chile|
|27||Four cousins||South Africa|
|31||the beach house||South Africa|
|37||Ernie els||South Africa|
|43||Durbanville Hills||South Africa|
|49||Casillero del diablo||Chile|
|50||Rupert & Rothschild||South Africa|
|57||Mont Rochelle||South Africa|
|67||Clearwater Cove||New Zealand|
|69||Duchessa Lia Fragolino||Italy|
|70||Van Loveren||South Africa|
|74||Fish Hoek||South Africa|
|75||Hill & Dale||South Africa|
|76||Waterford Estate||South Africa|
|80||Cotes Du Rhone||France|
|86||Cellar cask||South Africa|
|87||Rooiberg Winery||South Africa|
|88||Porcupine Ridge||South Africa|
|93||Graham Beck||South Africa|
|104||Stellenbosch Vineyards||South Africa|
|105||Amani Bay||South Africa|
|108||Tall Horse||South Africa|
|112||B&G (Barton & Guestier)||France|
|114||John B||South Africa|
|117||Orange River Cellars||South Africa|
|118||Neil Jourbert||South Africa|
|119||Groot Constantia||South Africa|
|122||KWV Wine||South Africa|
|124||Birds & Bees||Argentina|
|126||Dragons Back Mountain||South Africa|
|135||Drostdy Hof||South Africa|
|141||Oyster bay||New Zealand|
|142||Dry Land Collection||South Africa|
|147||Douglas green||South Africa|
|150||Liquid Gold Prosecco||Italy|
|157||La Vieille Ferme||France|
|158||Ama La Vida||France|
|169||4th Street||South Africa|
|173||Kleine Rust||South Africa|
|174||Scavi & Ray||Italy|
|176||Robertson Winery||South Africa|
Wine is an excellent alcoholic beverage and the oldest refreshment that is adored by many. Buying the best wine for your palate has never been easy. There are numerous varieties of wines that are overwhelming to pick the best. There are thousands of different types of wine listed on wine or liquor shops, and it can be quite confusing to figure out and select the best wine brands. A little understanding of the basic types of wines can help you choose the best wine, especially for the new in the wine world. As a leading online wine store in Kenya, we ease your task by arming you with the basic wine knowledge. Once you are armed with the basic wines tools, you can now explore the various types of wine from the complex labels, cheap wine to the most expensive wines in Kenya. Let dive into some of these essential tools to help understand wines.
What is Wine?
Wine is an alcoholic drink made from the fermented juice of grapes. However, some wines are not made from grapes but involve fermentation of other fruits (fruit wines). This wine includes the fruit name such as plum, pomegranate, cherry, currant, peach, and elderberry. Different styles of wine are derived from different grape varieties, regions (terroir) they are grown, and the production process. Different countries enact legal appellations to define their styles of wine, qualities, and other aspects of production. Usually, wines are made from one or more varieties. Depending on the percentage used in making a particular type of wine, it can be termed as a varietal wine or blended wine. A varietal wine is derived when one wine variety such as merlot or Chardonnay is used as the predominant grape as opposed to a blended wine. Usually, the dominant grape in varietal wine is at least 75%.
Wines are usually classified into five main categories namely;
Fortified / dessert wines
Red wines (sweet, dry red wine) - Red wines are typically made from red grapes and are generally red-colored derived from skin contact during fermentation. These wines have robust flavors and pairs well with red meats and pasta dishes. Serve red wines at room temperatures.
White wine (sweet white wine | dry white wine) - White wines are made from either white or black wine grape and are fermented without the skin contact. White wines are usually served chilled and are great with lots of foods, especially lighter foods such as poultry and fish.
Rose wine - Rose wine is usually pink or blush-colored and is very flexible, crisp, dry, and fresh on the palate. They look gentle, but they are not actually sweet as most rose wines are medium-sweet or dry. It's best served chilled and compliments light food such as seafood and chicken.
Sparkling wines – the most popular sparkling wine is Champagne. The bubbles (sparkles) in sparkling wine is induced carbon dioxide, a natural byproduct of the fermentation process. Though there is a difference between sparkling wine and Champagne, many people look at them as one thing. Technically, Champagne is sparkling wine only produced from the Champagne region of France, while sparkling wines are produced in other parts of the world. The high acidity and bubble sensation in most of the sparkling wine makes them taste less sweet. Different types of sparkling wine are released by their production method and the level of carbon dioxide. Online wine stores have a vast selection of sparkling wine, all for your enjoyment.
Desert / fortified wines - Dessert wines are usually very sweet and are produced with extra sweet wine grapes. Halting the fermentation process before the yeast turns all the natural grape sugar into alcohol to retain much of grape's sugar content, making them sweet.
Fortified wines types are usually released by adding brandy or other spirits during fermentation. A lot of fortified wines are quite sweet, depending on when the spirits are added. Different types of fortified wine have a distinct characteristic that makes them unique.
Important Wine facts
The wine has a rich history, and it is important to know some essential wine facts before rushing to a wine shop for your bottle. Here are some important facts about wine;
· Grapes are the essential and chief ingredients for wine-making, though some other ingredients can also be added. The kind of grapes and the way they are produced influence the wine flavor, taste, and character. Also, wine maturity affects its taste. The more mature the wine, the better it tastes.
· The way wine is fermented and blended gives various types of wine colors that you encounter in online wine & spirit shops. White wines are made from yellow or green grapes. Red wine is made red by fermenting them from dark-skinned grapes. Rose or pink-colored wines get their color from their short contact with dark-colored grapes before or during fermentation
· Wines have some benefits to our health, provided it is taken in moderation. Red wine is usually made from grapes, which are richly packed with antioxidants, phytochemicals, and vitamins, which are believed are essential in reducing the risk of cardiovascular and degenerative diseases. On the other hand, white wine is believed to have components that help lessen cancer's danger. Buy your best wine online on your number one wine shop in Kenya – drinks zone and enjoy the health wine's benefits.
· Unlike many alcoholic beverages, wines are not fattening as they don't contain fat, and they have zero cholesterol. However, some wines do contain calories and other carbohydrates. But these calories and carbohydrates are not threatening to the heart, especially when consumed moderately.
· wine when is left to breathe before pouring it tastes great, and it is good to uncork it before serving it to allow it to stand for a while and enjoy its unique taste.
· wine is wonderful when served in its glassware that keeps it from warming quickly. Long crystal glasses designed with the long stem are the best to keep the wine from warming up fast.
Drinks Zone makes you wine buying easy. You don't have to plan for a wine buying trip as we bring the wine shop to your house to ensure you are not deprived of enjoyment. Wine delivery services spoil you with a host of an array of wine from all over the world. Buy wine from a reliable online liquor shop (Drinks Zone), and you never miss on your favorite wine. We have the best wine prices in Kenya, plus free home/office delivery services in Nairobi. To learn more about wines, see our other pages about wine and wine types. Let the fun continue without a hitch by purchasing online on Nairobi drinks delivery services and get free delivery in minutes. Order for a customized wine basket delivery, and we will be happy to deliver to your specified destination. Cheers!